Geography and NOAA_14

Hi Gang,

     My curiosity was piqued by the recent group of posts concerning
weather sats, so I downloaded the WXSAT software and brewed up a cable to
connect a scanner to my sound card.  To my absolute amazement, I was able
to copy NOAA-14 this afternoon as it went by, using my 2 meter yagi.
(crude, but it works!)  There seem to be two pictures, one (much) darker
than the other.  My problem is: I haven't a clue what area of the world I'm
looking at.  I don't recognize the terrain that is visible, and a half hour
trying to match something in my Atlas to what I can see on the screen was
fruitless.

     Should I have payed more attention in geography class?  Is there some
way to know what that bird is transmitting??

73, Ken

Ken Freedman
AKA N1QQV/QRP  ARRL VE, QRP-L, AMSAT