Re: WX sat rcv

I too receive the weather satellites (NOAA-12, NOAA-14,
NOAA-15 [brand new!], Meteor 3-5, etc.) with a Radio
Shack scanner and my PC's sound card. Except that to
be totally difficult about it, I wrote my own software
for Linux (http://mypage.direct.ca/v/ve7ldh/wxsat.html).
Other hardware includes a wire dipole and a MAR-6 preamp.

Current experiments: Lindenblad antenna, BF961 preamp, better
receiver (heavily modified Cirkit WXsat receiver), synchronous
detection. Etc.

You can have lots of fun with this while waiting for P3D.
Neat pictures, too...

Laura Halliday VE7LDH       "Laisse le vent tout emporter..."
Grid: CN88hk IOTA: NA036       - Foly/Viennet