Re: TechSat-1A

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Tom Clarke wrote:
> >TechSat-1A been in space?? Would you tell me the status of
> >TechSat-1A?

The Techsat-1A has plunged into the ocean more then a year ago and has changed
its mission to fish-hunting - now thats what I call a versatile platform ;-)

Now seriously:
The bird that went up on the same launch as the TMSat is the Techsat-1B.
Primary frequency is 435.325, but as of early today, it has been confirmed
that ground-control has changed the downlink to the secondary frequency of
435.225 MHz. Reasons for that are not know yet.
The Techsat-1A and 1B are the almost the same as far as the hardware is
concerned, and they differ only by slight improvements (mostly SW).
The telemetry is not sent in AX25 but is HDLC framed so a TNC in KISS mode
will decode it. I hope that a telemetry decoding program will be available in
the near future.
bye, Assi

     Assi Friedman, 4X1KX/KK7KX Arizona State University
                  "The Truth Is Out There"
Tel: 602-844-1458 (home)
Tel: 602-965-2474 (ASUsat lab)
Fax: 602-965-0277 (ASUsat lab)