CY9 on Satellite.

        On or about July 17 Ken, VY2RU,and Don,VE1AOE,will be going to
St.Paul Isl.(CY9)IOTA NA-094 until July 21. The purpose of this trip is to
provide communications for 40 Boy Scouts, Venturers, Leaders and several
Scientists.
        This will not be a full blown DXpedition but we plan to be operating
as much as possible on the 18th, 19th and 20th between our required duties.
We will have equipment and antennae to be on the HF Bands, 6M, 2M and
amateur satellites ( including AO-10 ). Due to the number of people,
equipment and supplies we will not be able to take along a generator
large enough to operate any HF Amps.
        Unfortunately our location will be on the North East side of the
Island which will limit our ability to work North America on 6M and 2M but
we'll do what we can in order to make as many contacts as possible to North
America.
        The call hasn't been officially approved as of yet but we have asked
for CY9AOE and the QSL route would be to VE1AOE.

73 Don -VE1AOE-   ( CY0, CY9, C56, FP, KP1 )
dmroland@fox.nstn.ca
Amateur Radio Liaison to SPI'98