RS-15

Howdy all,

I've heard a lot of folks comment on how well RS-15 performed on Field Day. My
experience was that RS-15 didn't really seem to be much stronger, but it did
remain very constant even with heavy usage. I was able to complete 13 qso's
over 4 passes, all voice.

I have a theory that it may be due to the fact that the beacon is no longer
transmitting. The power that was used for the beacon is now available as a
reserve for the transponder.

If you haven't tried RS-15 in a while, give it a shot. You may be pleasantly
surprised as I was on Field Day.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649