Re: Mir Re-entry question

Aloha -

as somone who lives on an island in the Pacific, I hope they look very
carefully :-) :-) :-) there are a lot more islands out there than people
can see on their gross world maps...

(Flight Controller: looks at atlas, "looks like there is a lot of empty
ocean there, lets drop it somewhere - ah - sort of East or so of New
Zealand...." )

(Why do WE get all the stuff...RTGs, other spacecraft? ....)

-----

OK, there IS a lot of ocean out there :-)  hmmmm, I wonder if I'll be able
to find a piece.

Hmmm, that's an Idea, if they brought it down in Siberia, they could sell
pieces to collectors!!!! Make more money for ISS.....

-----

As for burning to a cinder... A cool video I saw was shot from the Big
Island, the breakup of a shuttle External Tank.... pieces streaming out....
hmmm, no "burning"

And pieces of Skylab looked like they were in reasonably good shape....

Were any Salyut 7 pieces recovered from Chile/Argentina (or was that 6)

I suspect that more pieces will arrive at the surface than people would
like to think.

73 and aloha - ted - nh6yk