Sweeden Hams plan on building leo

i received this information last night during the houston amsat net.
we aired it and felt it should be shared with the rest of the amsat
community.

thanks to sm0ofv, janne for the information

73...bruce

Hi everybody!

In the april issue of our newsletter; "AMSAT-SM Info", our chairman, Sven Grahn suggests that AMSAT-SM should build it's very own satellite.  After a committee brainstorm, the following features were
1,  The satellite must be easy to use, to attract the beginner, as well as the more experienced ham.

2,  "Microsat" design.

3,  Two analogue NBFM channels somewhere in the 435-438 MHz segment.

4,  Channel 1:A "parrot" with 10 seconds of memory in half duplex mode, meaning TX for
     max 10 seconds and then listen to the parrot repeating your transmission on the same QRG.
     Channel 2: A fax/SSTV downlink with a high-resolution CCD camera connected to it.

Please note that these are preliminary data and they may change as the project progresses (more
functions maybe?). AMSAT-SM is currently seeking manpower and sponsors to make this project happen. The first goal is to have a prototype ready for testing sometime around the second quarter of
1999.

AMSAT-SM has a website at http://www.users.wineasy.se/amsat but for the moment in swedish only.
An english version is under construction.  In the meantime, please take a peek at Sven Grahn's personal
site "Sven's Space Place", at http://www.users.wineasy.se/svengrahn. Besides being our chairman, Sven is also head of division at the Swedish Space Corporation. This is reflected in his site, contain
I will submit more info about the satellite as soon as I get any.

73's from SM0OFV/Janne (Y-ah-neh)

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
10-X International Contest Committee Chairman
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T3B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.