Re: Windows98/Wisp inquiry

kb2wqm@juno.com wrote:

> What I need is a way to reset the S/W clock without rebooting the system. A
> that would reset the s/w clock every xx minute would be great. I have
> APRS and LUX-LOG running also, but the problem appears to be WiSP32 when
> the rest of the S/W is also running. As the problem doesn't happen when
> WiSP is shutdown.  Any suggestion's would be appreciated.

 Suggestion #1 -- Set WiSP-32 to update the time from ONE of the 9600 bps
satellites.  These aren't to the second, but a heck of a lot closer than 20
minutes! (UO-22's clock is closest to right).
 Suggestion #2 -- I downloaded a little freeware program called "TimeRC" from
http:www.windows95.com    It goes through your PPP connection to hit a time
standard and reset the hardware clock.  I assume it updates the system clock,
too, but don't know for sure.
Mark D. Johns, K0MDJ (formerly WA0RGV) Cedar Falls, Iowa     EN32sm
 "Heaven goes by favour.  If it went by merit, you would
    stay out and your dog would go in." -- Mark Twain