Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 05:44:10 -0400
From: John Heath <100675.3601@compuserve.com>
Subject: RS-12 interference
To: "Kevin Manzer" <ac5dk@hotmail.com>

Hello Kevin,
I have been on the mode A birds for a year or two now, but not during a
solar cycle maximim.  It is well known amongst  mode A ops. that when
MUFs are high in the daytime the conditions on the mode A birds is poor.
The night time conditions are generaly better.  The other thing you can
often detect is a kind of Auroral warble on the signals as the bird goes
into the most northerly part of the pass.

Mode A birds provide a lot of interesting propagation effects.

73 John G7HIA