Re: [SKYWARN] 220 Auction

As a 220mhz (trunked commerical) dealer this will in no way affect amateur
radio. This auction is for the commerical repeater owners only ....
 Yours in Communications,
     Robert Hill, WX3ROB
     Pocono Mountain Communications
     P O Box M
     Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania, USA  18347
     717.643.3900 voice  ~  fax 643.3933
     http://pocmtn.com  [41.09.10 N ~~ 75.33.07 W]
     *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

>At 02:06 PM 06/24/98 +0000, Gregory S. Williams wrote:
>This I got off the FCC web site.  Its dated May 21, so Im guessing
>its old news now.  Would/could this affect amateur radio in the
>future, since it is a former part of our spectrum???
>
>Greg
>
>          Report No. WT 98-14
>                                        WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACTION

           May 21, 1998

>                       COMMISSION ADOPTS RULES AND SETS FORTH PROCESSES
>                                       FOR 220-222 MHz AUCTION
>
>         The Commission has adopted a Memorandum Opinion and Order on
>Reconsideration (Reconsideration Order) setting forth rules
>for the 220-222 MHz radio service (220 MHz service) and paving the

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home