Re: FD Satellite ops

OOPs.  Didnt realize that some people would want to watch it all on a
browser, but yes, you can see ALL APRS FD stations at www.aprs.net
but the javaAPRS only displays positions, on the map.  You have to
activate your javaCONSOLE to actually see the QSO packets.  FD stations
will usually have an SSID of -6 and will be a TENT icon.

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Daniel B. Mills wrote:

> What? No Web Page?
>
> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>

> > At the risk of getting flamed, I might point out that while you are
> > waiting between passes for satellite contacts, you might use your laptop
> > tracking computer with a TNC on APRS.   THis year promises to be a
> > fantastic demonstration of tactical in-the-field use of APRS for
> > nationwide communications. (In spite of the fact that ARRL will not count
> > any of the contacts for points since no digipeaters are allowed.).
> >
> > In many areas of the country, you should be able to see and work many
> > dozens or so APRS packet stations via a few digipeaters.  Without any
> > apriori knowldege of the network.  In addition there are transparent
> > IGATES (WOrmholes) everywhere.  Meaning you can just as easily QSO a
> > station 3000 miles away as another station 50 miles away, and ALL
> > TRANSPARENTLY and without apriori knowledge.
> >
> > So, if you are looking for some toys to play with between OSCARS, come
> > join us on the nationwide APRS frequency of 144.39 (or 145.79 in the
> > SOutheast and Southern Calif).  If you stay at home, also, dust off that
> > old copy of APRS and get on the air... help us make some unofficial
> > points :-)  If you join us, don't just watch your map for DX.  You will
> > only see local RF stations there.  Watch the MAIL and TRAFFIC pages to see
> > DX calls (most should have their gridsquare in their CQFD packets).  THen
> > QSO to them...
> >
> > bob

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home