From: Dean Shutt [mailto:shuttd@alaska.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 3:10 PM
To: Willmott, Paul
Subject: Re: Thanks for the Rotor Assistance!

Paul,

Thanks very much for your response.  What a relief to have a very good
chance not to have to rip out my rotor cable OR go on the roof with my
controller for a test.

If I understand correctly the explaination of the behaviour would be
that a voltage regulator on the edge of failure could be intermittent
under load and would not generate the correct maximum output voltage.
It also might work through a short length of cable but not a long one
thus frustrating troubleshooting immensely.

I have instructed Yaesu to replace the regulator in my controller and
send it back.  I will let you know how this works.  Hope to test it a
week from tomorrow.

Sure hope this is it and thanks again.

Dean Shutt

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home