Re: A Mysterious G 5400 B Problem

Dean, I once had a similar problem, though not with the same rotator you
are using ... my problem was that the rotor control cable was chafed in
BOTH rotors ... this resulted in an intermittent short which affected BOTH
rotators only because their cases were electrically connected through the
boom and other hardware.  This would explain why Yaesu couldn't find
anything wrong, since the rotors under test were not electrically connected
via the other hardware ...  Maybe this will help.

Ron  W0PN/3

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home