Re: A Mysterious G 5400 B Problem

My Yeasu G-5600B has been intermittant for years.  Seems that if I turn
power off/on again, that then the meters usually read correctly.  I
attributed this to intermittant contact on the pot that becomes conducting
again on a transient.  BUT what if it was just mechanical sticking in the
METER?  Then a power up swing of the needle from 0 would move past any
sticky point in the needle bearing due to momentum.  Whereas with a very
slow change, it sticks?.  Next time, instead of cycling power, I am going
to bang on the meter...  and see if that is it..

wb4apr

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home