Re: A Mysterious G 5400 B Problem

Dean Shutt wrote:

> I have a most vexing problem with my G5400 B rotor system and am hoping

Try the same resistance measurements. but this time measure from the pot
wiper (2) to the other pot lead (1).  This too should vary smoothly, but in
the opposite direction.  Do it again and measure between leads 1 & 3.  It
should remain the same throughout the rotation.  Finally, measure the
voltage across these same two leads with all leads connected to the control
box.  This too should remain the same.

Since the problem is happening to both AZ and EL readings and Yaesu has
gone through the control box throughly, I would still suspect the cable
leads for intermittent shorts to ground, or opens, etc.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org