Re: (Fwd) GO-ARIANE: the official & obscure reasons

Peter,
 I know that there are some things that you can't talk about (regarding
what all Arianespace/ESA are up to regardign other payloads for 503),
but I must be a bit dense. Even if they're just planning on flying
a dumbie payload, aren't they going to fly a complete mission profile?
If they do this (i.e. have the upper stage make the burn to get into
GTO and then release the dummie), then why can't Phase 3D go? If all of
these things happen, we'd be in the same position to deploy 3D as if
the W1 satellite was on board. Better, having us fly would mean that
Arianespace would be eating just that much less of the costs of the
demonstration flight (even if it's "only" $US1 million less).
 For some reason, this picture just does not add up......

Later,
Andy
WD9IYT

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home