How do you research a particular satellite?

Does anyone know about a web site where I could look-up a particular
satellite and find out specific information about the bird?  For example,
what does it do (communications, spy, navaigation) who launched it, and
what is it's status (dead, active, parked)?

And what about other orbiting stuff such as the Arianne 4 R/B?  I assume
this is a "Rocket Booster" but I want to make sure.

If necessary, a printed document would be ok.

Thanks,
John
KD4EXS

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home