Re: web search engine message?

IMHO, we can't eliminate Email from all non-subscribers ... how would NEW
folks ever be able to subscribe then?

Ron   W0PN/3

------------------------------------

tachyon@icom.net (John Ragland) on 06/18/98 11:08:50

Please respond to tachyon@icom.net

 To:      amsat-bb@AMSAT.org

 cc:      (bcc: Ron Dunbar/OrbMD)

 Subject: Re: web search engine message?

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:51:52 -0600, Walter Ridgewell wrote:

>Unfortunately it looks like the 'spammers' have found a way to access the
>mail list! If you look at the header of the message, you'll note that its
>addressed to amsat-bb not yourself. I just got another one about "Are they
>investigating you" .. maybe its just a temporary thing.. the background
>noise level always goes up during a solar cycle ;-)

The mailing list program should delete all email not originating from
a subscriber to the mailing list.
--
"Great spirits often meet violent opposition
 from mediocre minds"    -- Albert Einstein

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home