Re[2]: P3D set back questions?

        Apparently you both missed this posting last week.
    Peter Guelzow wrote:
    > I have just posted an article on the AMSAT-DL Website about our
    > new YAHU-Experiment. YAHU (synonym for IHU-2) is a new IHU design
    > which will fly on the AMSAT P3D Satellite.
    >The URL for the english version is
        There are other examples where the flight hardware has been
    upgraded from the initial design.  If my memory serves me correctly
    the 10m transmitter was removed and a microwave transmitter(10GHz?)
    was subsequently added some time ago.  The addition of the YAHU is
    another example that the AMSAT P3D team is not sitting on their
    hands awaiting a launch opportunity.  Upgrades and improvements are
    being made as we encounter these delays.
        Check out the YAHU web page it's a very interesting story
    regarding the upgrade of the IHU to modern computing capabilities
    and developing systems with the future in mind.  73
    Duane Naugle

Subject: Re: P3D set back questions?
Author:  Richard Parry <rparry@qualcomm.com> at SMTPGate-Mitchell
Date:    6/17/98 5:40 PM

You raise a good point, but I can't agree.  It is true that your PC may be
ancient after 6 months, but that is not true to a satellite.  IMHO, it
would be a BIG mistake to touch anything over the next year.  I would use
the time to do  additional testing rather than change anything.  That
includes hardware and every line of code.
thanks for listening,