Hateful few

Gents and gals,

I am a very recent subscriber of this list, as I am an old subscriber of the
QRP-L, the G-QRP-L and other radio related lists and, of course, of some
other lists related to my profession.

I am a member of quite a lot of international radio organizations, but not
AMSAT so far. I have joined this list thinking that it was an open one...

However, reading things like...

>Perhaps you should unsubscribe now, this reflector is paid for by AMSAT.

>if you've let your membership lapse, then you should
>clear off the reflector, and leave it free for the rest of us who don't
>jump ship at the first sign of bad weather

make me feel that newcomers like me are not welcome, and that this is a
reflector were the subscribers opinion is something to keep to themselves. I
have never seen this in the other lists that I subscribe, and I would never
feel comfortable here. This has been my first and last contribution for the
list, and I will unsubcribe.

However, gents and gals, please note that this does not seem to be the very
best way of gathering membership.

No bad feellings, I really wish AMSAT and this list a lot of prosperity and
achievments.

73, GL es DX, de Roger, CT1ETT

Prof. Rogerio A. F. Gonzaga, MD, PhD
Surgical Professor at the Faculdade de Medicina do Porto - Portugal
Ex-Honorary Surgical Registrar at the Hammersmith Hospital - London, UK
Member of the Portuguese College of Surgeons

Radio Amateur CT1ETT                                    QTH Loc IN51re
G-QRP Club # 8673	    ISWL # CT-20574		QRP-L # 516
NorCal QRP Club # 2130      ARS # 268                   REP # 840
                            FISTS # 2878
Email: gonzaga@med.up.pt         OR                  rafg@esoterica.pt

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home