Re: Views on cooperation

Rees Roberts wrote:

> As I see organizations trying to hold on to frequency
> allocations from yester year, I am wondering to myself why?
> The collective bandwidth available above the "DC" bands far
> exceeds what is being cherished if a Phase 3D is made available.

While I agree with you in principle, I must take exception to theabove
statement.  I do not need to launch anything but about
$3.00 of wire into a tree to communicate worldwide.  the "DC"
bands will do it with a minimal set/up.  No Az/El rotor, no high
gain array, no super-lo loss coax, pre-amps, etc.  And especially,
no limited life-span.  Not only that, but even P3D can't
accomodate all 600,00 US hams.  Just my opinion.  There is
life, much life, in the DC bands.  Do not discount them.

Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC
The farthest West ham in West Texas.