Re: Views on cooperation

Rees Roberts wrote:

> As I see organizations trying to hold on to frequency
> allocations from yester year, I am wondering to myself why?
> The collective bandwidth available above the "DC" bands far
> exceeds what is being cherished if a Phase 3D is made available.

While I agree with you in principle, I must take exception to theabove
statement.  I do not need to launch anything but about
$3.00 of wire into a tree to communicate worldwide.  the "DC"
bands will do it with a minimal set/up.  No Az/El rotor, no high
gain array, no super-lo loss coax, pre-amps, etc.  And especially,
no limited life-span.  Not only that, but even P3D can't
accomodate all 600,00 US hams.  Just my opinion.  There is
life, much life, in the DC bands.  Do not discount them.

--
Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC
kd9kc@whc.net

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home