Re: Hateful Few - delete this message it contains nothing useful

I won't join in the personal commentary. I'm not
temperamentally inclined in that direction. I would like to
express my opinion about the concept of limiting this server
to paid up AMSAT members.

If that were to happen, wouldn't this bb lose its public
relations value? Wouldn't it AMSAT's (and the satellite
community in general) see its ability to attract new members
significantly diminished? Isn't everyone injured when free
and cordial communication is intimidated?

I am reminded of Garrison Keilor's coment about the Shakers.
"I have often wondered", he said (in paraphrase) "how a
religion grounded upon the principle that its members must
withdraw into closed, celibate communities, expected to long
endure.

                        Michael E. Kehoe
                         Attorney at law
                        1100 - 56th Street
                 Kenosha, WI, USA  53140-3668
                   e-mail wb9pzi@altavista.net
             (414)654-1235, FAX (414)654-1547
Home (414)654-1058, FAX/Voicemail 658-1088

Associate Editor, Northwestern Lines Magazine
     Antique Radio Collector/Restorer
Amateur Astronomer, Exchange/Foster Parent

                PLEASE NOTE NEW
                  E-MAIL ADDRESS

         My Execpc address expires July 1.

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home