Re: Mic Info

i have used a heil pro set since 1993 and i love it. i have the dx
cluster in it. i have to crank the mic gain all the way up for it to
be effective. however, heil has just come out with a little amplifer
in-line (i have one on order).

i have two icom pigtails and i use the headset on both my icom 756
and 821h. i used to use it on my icom 737 and 970h so it has served
all the rigs just fine. the two pigtails allows me to quickly move
from one rig to another without having to unscrew our yank on the din
connector.

i can bust hf pile ups with the help of the dx mic element and using
the foot switch for ptt allows my fingers to do the walking on the
keyboard or to tweak the antennas.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
10-X International Contest Committee Chairman
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T3B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.