Re: Mic Info

At 11:37 AM 6/15/98 -0400, James Snider wrote:
>Just a quick question for the group.  What is your preference, Heil Boom
>Mic/Headset or desk mike?  I'm trying to make up my mind if I want to
>get the Heil set or an Icom SM-6 (or SM-8 or SM-20) for my IC-820.

Boomset, definitely.  You have to wear headphones anyway (so you can
listen to your downlink), so you might as well free yourself from hunching
over the desk mike.

My advice, get the "full range" version of the Heil, not the DXers version.
You don't need the extra "punch" on satellites and the extra bass response
makes you easier to tune in with Doppler shift.  IMHO.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home