Re: Satellite Tracker for FD

Yes Peter---nice comments on ITNCP.  The fast forward idea is a good one
that many (including me) would not have known.
   OSCAR ten is simply superb!  Even spending all night at the VHF
contest, I was still able to work 62 contacts on Oscar ten.  There were
twenty seven countries included in this group as well.
   What a wonderful, simple easy to understand bird!  I fail to understand
the need to make things more complex and less understandable just for the
sake of "newer and better" gadgets that communicate less!     Cliff K7RR

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Peter A. Klein wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Clifford Buttschardt wrote:
>
> > Better yet, there is a version of Instant Track called ITNCP which stands
> > for IT (no co-processor).  It runs well on even the most simple PC laptop.
>
> To add to the "Amens," Instant Track is still my favorite for real-time
> tracking.  It defines the phrase "oldie but goodie."
>
> ITNCP is great for another reason.  Many PCs are now so fast that the
> standard IT.EXE's "fast forward" on the map screen is too fast to be
> useful.  A LEO pass whizzes completely by with one or two presses of the
> space bar.  If you run ITNCP.EXE, the overhead for doing the floating-
> point math without using the math co-processor slows the fast forward to
> the point where you can actually use it to visually "step-time" through an
> LEO pass and see where the access circle will go.
>
> (And BTW, Cliff, nice to finally meet you "voice to voice" on AO-10
> yesterday!)
>
> 73,
> Peter - KD7MW
> ---
> Peter A. Klein  (pklein@seattleu.edu)  :    -----==3==      ---      ---
> Network Administrator, LAN/WAN/Novell  :   |    |  |  |    |   |    |   |
> Seattle University, 296-5569           :  @|   @| @| @|   @|  @|   @|  @|

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home