From: Juno Postmaster <postmaster@juno.com>
To: n5ksk@juno.com (Tom D Albright)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:40:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Fw: Don't Miss These! SPAM

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

The Juno account implicated in this message has been terminated.

Please know, however, that this mailing was not sent by or
through the Juno service.  This Juno account was most likely
used in order to disguise the actual origin of the message,
to deflect complaints about the message, or to generally
confuse recipients.

As is the case with the vast majority of spam that involves a
Juno account, the Juno name has been forged into the headers
of this message.  The Juno Service Agreement strictly
prohibits the use of Juno accounts to send, or receive replies
from, unsolicited commercial e-mail (spam).

Therefore while terminating this account may cut off the
sender's access to Juno, it may not prevent him or her from
sending similar unsolicited mailings from other services.

Thanks for helping us to combat e-mail abuse.

-- Security and Abuse Dept.
   Juno Online Services, L.P.

Let's keep it clean!  Reporting these clowns to the service providers
DOES work!

73's, Tom
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home