Re: RS-12 operations

Good point Ted, I hadn't thought of that! I've tried the 15m Robot, but
it's not working, but I do remember HEARING other stations trying to
work it. I guess I never thought of it since it's not it's intended
purpose, but maybe we should find out if anyone would care if we do it,
and try to encourage some Novice/Techs by working them thru it! Anyone
know how to consult the RS-12 ground station gurus to know if this
practice would cause ill effects to the satellite or other ops, or would
it be permissible....

73
AC5DKevin

>Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:15:34 -1000
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.org
>From: ted@hawaii.edu (ted)
>Subject: Re: RS-12 operations
>
>A quick addenda -
>
>RS12 is the only satellite available to a US Novice Class operator,
>
>It is possible to send CW in the US Novice 15M band to the RS12 Robot.
This
>will be received by the robot and a reply may arrive :-) However, The
CW
>WILL also be sent down on the 10M Robot downlink when the Robot is not
>responding. It is therefore possible to have a QSO.  (unlikely,
perhaps,
>but possible!)
>
>When RS12 was in KT and I hadn't upgraded to Advanced, (not all that
long
>ago) I was able to send CW up on 15 and down on the robot 2M downlink.
It
>was not a great signal, and not all dits and dahs made it, but with
some
>practice and diligence, it should be possible.
>
>Mode A is easier though :-)
>
>Sorry, the frequencies are not on the tip of my tongue and the
Satellite