Re: FT847 "stby" connector? What are you using?

Hi David, Radio Shack (in Canada) carries some of the mini-DIN connectors and I
got the rest at a surplus store! took all of 5 minutes - the only one you dont
need is the 8 pin one for the antenna tuner - That comes with the tuner!
73 de Robin VE3FRH

David Feldman wrote:

> Unpacked FT847 and was horrified to see that they provide *no* connectors
> to mate with the various mini-DIN-style (and as far as I can tell absolutely
> proprietary pattern) connectors. I need to get the "stby" signals out to
> an external connector to drive an amp for this weekend's contest. A call
> to the local dealer resulted in "haven't seen those yet".
>
> I'm beginning to believe that Yaesu really does have rocks between the ears.
>
> PS My JA friend tells me that recent production FT847 can indeed read
> vfo settings thru the CAT port; I have not tried it but supposedly my
> unit's serial number (8G052xxx) is so-equipped). This is supposed to be
> a later firmware version (remember the VX-1R firmware version fiasco???)
>
> 73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com
>
> ... and poop to yaesu on this connector problem ...

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home