Re: FT-847

Hi Bill, Thanks for the forwarding of the information on the 847. Lots of
people like to complain but it take others to take the initiative to find a
cure or remedy. I have had my
847 since the day they came out and love it, even with the few problems.
Hi.

Thanks again.

Jim, K0SBH

----------
> From: Bill Richarz <wricharz@charlotte.infi.net>
> To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.org
> Subject: Re: FT-847
> Date: Monday, June 08, 1998 11:29 AM
>
> This is a message I sent to Yaesu, and the reply.
> FWIW:

> -Sender: yaesutech@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
> >Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:36:51 -0700
> >To: wricharz@charlotte.infi.net
> >From: Yaesu Technical Support <yaesutech@worldnet.att.net>
> >Subject: Re: FT-847
> >
> >At 08:58 PM 5/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >>I've been using my FT-847 for a couple of months now and
> >>love it.  I have only 3 problems. (1)  The volumn control
> >>can not be set to a very low level, it just sort of comes
> >>up from nothing...will there be a FIX for this?
> >>
> >>(2) The CAT control...does not output the frequency...Is there
> >>a possible fix for this?  It would sure help for logging.
> >>
> >>(3) The CAT control does not allow the minor settings, 9600 baud,
> >>etc.  I can live without this, but would be nice.
> >>
> >>When I'm asking about fix, I mean a fix for my radio...I think
> >>I have serial #3.  Like I said, I really like the radio, not sure
> >>if it's a great satellite radio with HF and 6 meters, or a great
> >>HF radio with added 6meters, & satellite capabilities.
> >>
> >>Thanks for the information.
> >>
> >>73 de Bill, N4DH
> >
> >Hi Bill
> >Thanks for your email and sorry about the problems with your
FT-847.....It
> >is a great radio and I don't think you will be sorry if you keep the
radio
> >and work with us for awhile until we can get all of the bugs worked out
of
> >it (very few I might add). And I would say that it is a great saltellite
> >and weak signal radio with good hf thrown in.....it was primarily
designed
> >as a satellite radio with the HF secondary. VHF and UHF weak signal and
EME