Re: RS-12 operations

A quick addenda -

RS12 is the only satellite available to a US Novice Class operator,

It is possible to send CW in the US Novice 15M band to the RS12 Robot. This
will be received by the robot and a reply may arrive :-) However, The CW
WILL also be sent down on the 10M Robot downlink when the Robot is not
responding. It is therefore possible to have a QSO.  (unlikely, perhaps,
but possible!)

When RS12 was in KT and I hadn't upgraded to Advanced, (not all that long
ago) I was able to send CW up on 15 and down on the robot 2M downlink. It
was not a great signal, and not all dits and dahs made it, but with some
practice and diligence, it should be possible.

Mode A is easier though :-)

Sorry, the frequencies are not on the tip of my tongue and the Satellite
Experimenters book has been loaned out... 21.180? 29.454?

Aloha - ted - nh6yk