RE: What is the best equipment?

> Date:          Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:07:24 -0500
> To:            kk5do@amsat.org
> From:          "James D. Mayfield" <kb9bnr@revealed.net>
> Subject:       RE: What is the best equipment?
> Cc:            amsat-bb@amsat.org

> At 08:21 PM 6/8/98 -5, you wrote:
>
> Bruce, you don't need an Advanced or Extra ticket to work RS-12, you need a
> General ticket.

while i am being bashed i might ask why a general ticket is required?
my second post corrected the 2m uplink to rs-12.

the downlink is on the 10m band. no license is required to listen and
tx is either 15m (advanced or extra) or 2m (no code tech).

73...bruce
Bruce Paige, KK5DO                               Internet: kk5do@amsat.org
Houston, Texas                                         or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC),VE

Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T7B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.
http://www.amsatnet.com               Visit SHOT  http://www.clarc.org/shot