Re: What is the best equipment?

> HI, I'm new to this satellite game too.  I have two things to add to this
> particular discussion.  First, you don't need an advanced or extra for that
> portion of 10m, you only need general or above.  Second seeing how you need
> general or higher to operate on 29 MHz, how can we get away with using RS-12.

let me set things straight. i had forgotten that rs-12 is in 15m up
and 10m down as well as 2m up and 10m down. when it is in 15m up only
and the 2m uplink is turned off, the 15m portion of the band ***is***
in the advanced and extra portion of the band for uplinking.

as one other person pointed out, you do not need any license to
listen to the satellites. i was more under the impression that asking
about the best equipment etc was to operate on these satellites
rather than simply listen.

73...bruce
Bruce Paige, KK5DO                               Internet: kk5do@amsat.org
Houston, Texas                                         or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC),VE

Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T7B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.
http://www.amsatnet.com               Visit SHOT  http://www.clarc.org/shot