[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

RE: License is done, now what (equipment)??

Since I don't use the LEOs (low earth orbit) satellites much anymore, I sometimes
confuse the various RS sats, however, I believe RS12 has a 15 meter input (in the Advanced
portion of the band) and an output on 2 meters. If that is the case, then you would need
an Advanced or Extra Class license in order to use it. As to the other satellites, your only
concern should be that you have privileges on the frequency you are transmitting on. It is
quite legal for a Tech to transmit on 2 meters even though the signal is being retransmitted
(by the satellite) on say 10 meters. 

73, Bob, KG7WC

From: 	Blank Blank[SMTP:cooltrumpet@juno.com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, June 09, 1998 7:55 AM
To: 	amsat-bb@AMSAT.org
Subject: 	License is done, now what (equipment)??

Now that the license situation is taken care of, nobody answered the
question of the BEST equipment, (HF rigs, antennas, multimode/multi-band
radios, ...etc.)???

Dan Kurry  KE4SSB

You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]