FT-847

A most regrettable posting was made to the AMSAT Bulletin Board
recently, one which outrageously mis-quoted one of our employees.

For the record, our employee stated that, as a practical matter, the
FT-736R CAT System is not going to be changed at this stage of its
product lifetime. The same was NOT stated with regard to the FT-847, as
this product is in its infancy. It is impossible to state what future
changes might be made to aa product in the first six months of its
existence.

For the record, the matter of the FT-847 CAT System is being
investigated.

Any other assertion is without basis in fact. Yaesu has shown itself to
be responsive to the marketplace, and there are no plans to change this
attitude.

73,

YAESU U.S.A.
C. H. "Chip" Margelli, K7JA