Re: What is the best equipment?

HI, I'm new to this satellite game too.  I have two things to add to this
particular discussion.  First, you don't need an advanced or extra for that
portion of 10m, you only need general or above.  Second seeing how you need
general or higher to operate on 29 MHz, how can we get away with using RS-12.
It's ok for a tech or tech plus to use a cross band repeater as long as the
repeater's trustee is of a higher class, but a satellite is not a repeater,
therefore you must conform to your own operating privileges.  This is how I read
the rule for not operating outside your own privileges.  If anyone can point me to
the page that states otherwise, please, I'm open to learning.  I too would like to
operate RS-12 without violating my license class.