RE:L, S, K, Band assignments, does anybody know?

I like your standard the best, mostly because there are "no gaps" in the
ranges like the other standards.  That alone is significant, the other
standards imply that some frequencies do not fall into a letter range and
that does not make sense to me.

thanks,

At 02:58 PM 6/4/98 +0800, Chris Hill wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>Just to help confuse the issue...  the following "Approximate Band
>Designations" are drawn from Microwave Engineering, by David Pozar;
>
>BAND    FREQS (GHz)
>-----+-------------
>L       1-2
>S       2-4
>C       4-8
>X       8-12
>Ku      12-18
>K       18-26
>Ka      26-40
>U       40-60
>
>They seem to fit quite nicely with common usage, although you don't have to
>look very hard to find an exception to the rule.
>
>73 Chris VK6KCH
> +-------------------------------------------------+
> |  Chris Hill            email : vk6kch@amsat.org |
> |  CRH Telnet PTY LTD          A.C.N. 008 922 530 |
> |  Phone : +61 8 9354 8416  Fax : +61 8 9354 8826 |

Richard Parry, P.E., W9IF - Qualcomm, Inc. Globalstar/Gateway RLGTS
Internet --> <http://people.qualcomm.com/rparry>
Intranet --> <http://web/~rparry/rgc  <-- RGC Test Home Page

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home