Re: UNSUBSCRIBE/SUBSCRIBE???

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, samuel c horton wrote:

> Hello to all...I've been seeing messages from some to
> subscribe/unsubscribe and then the flamers come out
> and do their thing and then I see one that says"LOOK
> IN THE HEADER AND IT TELLS YOU HOW TO DO SO"

> Then I'm told that because I'm using JUNO that I can't
> see it??? Is this true ..........

    Mostly no, it is *not* true in that you have a Juno software
setting that enables the viewing of the complete message "header".
However the default setting when I've installed Juno is for headers
to be not displayed, so many Juno users have never seen the
subscription reminders, which is unfortunate.

    Default mailer settings are also often to blame for the
inadvertent transmission of html to lists (notably Microsoft
Outlook Express).

Hank Riley, N1LTV
SkyQuest

   http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/3161/hablic.htm
                                               ^
HABLIC: "All balloon launches, all the time" __|

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home