From: Edson Pereira [mailto:ewp@uranus.healthnet.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 1998 11:51 AM
To: AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.org
Subject: NASA 2-line elements and year 2000

Does anyone know if the NASA 2-line elements will work after the year
2000? Currently it uses two digits to represent the epoch year. The
source of most keplerian propagators adds 1900 to the epoch year to get
the year in the right format. If the epoch year turns to 100 after 99,
things will be fine. If not, things will break badly.

73,

-- Edson, N1VTN

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home