Re: Icom CI-V Addresses

This is correct.  The information goes to the radios in 'packets' and,
depending on the setup in the radios, provides an 'acknowlegement' to the
request.  I run my CI-V at 9600 baud to 4 Icom radios.  I even wrote
software to emulate the CT-16 rig whereby if you tune one radio on one
band it will auto-tune (track) another radio on another band.  Great for
satellite work.  Even tunes one radio backward if you tell it.

John W. Wilson, KN4HX
z004391b@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Hans Brakob wrote:

> >Now, does anyone know how to communicate with more then one Icom
> >radio at the same time utilizing the same serial RS232 port under
> >Windows 95?
>
> Using the CT-17 interface you can control up to 4 radios from
> a single port.  Simply preface the command with the target radio.
>
> If you have two radios of the same model, I think you can set
> new (non-default) addresses on most Icom rigs, either via
> dip switches (older) or software.  Thus, for example, if you
> had two IC775's, you could leave one at H46 and set the other
> to H47.
>
> (I think)
>
> Hans, K0HB

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home