CI-V & Serial Ports

Thanks regarding the PCMCIA-to-serial idea and the port replicator idea.
However I guess I forgot to mention that I want to keep it as simple as
possible...I have 3 damaged laptops already!

It's my understanding that the port replicators need 110V AC to operate.
Could be wrong though.  Ideally, maybe there is some way to hook the serial
port of the TNC up as a CI-V device??

As far as simplicity goes, surely I am not the only one that runs around
with a laptop in their hand looking for (or listening for) satellites...but
then again I am the only one on my street that does anything like that.
The neighbors are talking...

John Breland
KD4EXS
Jbreland@ix.netcom.com