Silent Key K7UGA

NPR News just carried the item that AMSAT's long-time friend K7UGA,
Senator Barry Goldwater, passed away today in Phoenix at age 89.
Barry retired from the senate 12 years ago. Many will remember that
he was the Republican candidate for president in 1964, running
against Lyndon Johnson. In his post-retirement years, Barry was
a big help to  AMSAT in some of our fund-raising and outreach efforts
by appearing in video "flicks" for us.

I remember Barry operating mobile from his Corvette while driving
to work on the Washington Beltway! For me it was an honor to have
met him and talked about his love for amateur radio and technology
in general.

73, Barry -- you will be missed!

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home