RE: Icom CI-V Addresses

This is mostly correct.  The CT-17 has four connections for radios but you
can use y-adaptors (from radio shack if you like) to chain many radio off
the same connector on the CT-17.  I have run as many as 6 off the same
connector without a problem,  At some point you will hit an electrical limit
on the drivers used in the CT-17 but I don't know how many radios that is.
The ICOM ARCP program for windows 95 has run those 6 radios at the same time
from the same port as well as an IC-821 via a TCP/IP connect some 600 miles
away, again all at the same time.  Talking to many ICOM radios on the same
port is just a matter of good software.

  If you change the C-IV address in the radios you can have many of the same
model as well, for example, you could have an IC-970, R-8500, several
IC-821s, an R-10 handheld, several IC-706MKIIs etc all on the same RS-232
port, as long as only one program is using the port.

- Michael
N4USI

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home