From: Michael R. Owen [mailto:mowe@SLUMUS.STLAWU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 1998 9:18 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.org
Subject: Re: Icom CI-V Addresses

Michael P. Olbrisch wrote:

> This is correct.  I have added 2 more outputs to my ct-17 to
successfully
> control 6 icom radios.  I am now looking into using the KCT tracker-
> tuner card to do this also, and free up another comm port/int for
other use.

When playing with the Tuner part of the KCT, remember that it is not
capable of *receiving* information back from the radio.  In other words,
you can tell the radio what frequency to go to; you can also ask the
radio what frequency it is on but you can't hear the response.

W9IP
nlsa@nlsa.com

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home