Re: Icom CI-V Addresses

Boza, Tom wrote:

> Now, does anyone know how to communicate with more then one Icom radio at
> the same time utilizing the same serial RS232 port under Windows 95?
> NE7X...
>
> IC-756   50
> IC-820   42h
> IC-821   4C
> IC-775   46
> IC-706   48
> IC-707   3Eh
> IC-R8500  4A

Tom, I've not done this myself, but I believe that you are
supposed to be able to daisy chain them off the same
serial port.  the CI-V is actually a networking
protocol.  Each command contains and source and
destination address so the redios should only respond
to the commands that are addressed to them.

73, john W2FS

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home