RS-12 interference

Hi again...

I just recently subscribed to the AMSAT-BB. And actually my post about
my theory of the possiblity of Sporadic-E causing the problems, went out
before I had received any messages. So I missed any previous conversing
about the problem. In fact the only reply I got was a rather terse
remark that it WAS the Navsat 150 Mhz transmitter. But the last ANS said
it was only one man's theory...

If anyone would care to indulge me, I would like to bat around some
ideas... I hope it's not rehashing something already discussed. If so I
apologize in advance....

I have heard the interfernece described as "backscatter" & "Aurora
flutter". What kind of signal is the Navsat emitting that would cause
such a sound... I've worked on repeaters for years and never encountered
such a sound caused by near-frequency interference, BUT I've NOT seen it
all...

Next, how high is RS-12 compared to the E-Layer? What would the E-layer
do to a VHF signal re: that elevation of the receiver? AND, is it
possible that the E-layer could "scatter" the signal or multi-multi
bounce it thus having the receiver hear multiple signals with constantly
varying phases, thus creating the 'warping' or 'warbling' effect on SSB
signals that sound like aurora flutter.

I only suggested this because I correlated every occurance of the
strange signals with VHF openings in my area, AND I also noticed that
when there was no opening, NO interference. Last couple of days, the
band openings have subsided, and strangely enough, the bird is clear.
Being a radio tech and doing diagnostics all the time... it just strikes
me as a strange, telling coincidence. What is the operating schedule of
the 150 Mhz transmissions??? Could be coincidence that its transmitting
every time there is a band opening here....

Just food for thought, I find the fun in the figuring out... AND I don't
mind being wrong, I just like to know why I'm wrong! That way, I learn
how to be right. But to be honest, I'm not quite ready to concede this
one just yet... anybody want to discuss it???

73 and all the bast
AC5DKevin