Re:

Up till this time I have attempted to remain silent, but when seeing Jim
Kelly, KK3K, last comment and Hans response, I finally had to speak up.
When you
advertise your beliefs, feelings and commercial intents via your signature you
best expect the feedback you are receiving.

Since I am a member of various listservers, I avoid using the signature
portion of this mail utility for this very reason. I have very strong
religious
convictions about such things, but attempt to let not them interfere with my
day-to-day use of the various lists.. I see many commercial advertisements
on here as well via the signature, which I feel are also totaly
inappropriate and have only one meaning, its an agenda to get your
attention with a large
audience.

I belief such use of the signature on this list server is very
inappropriate and
should be discontinued!

Reid, WA4UPD

At 07:49 PM 5/25/98 -0500, Hans Brakob wrote:

>>I will continue to participate in this forum and others at will and
>>with my email signature lines intact.
>
>Jim,
>
>Most of us don't give a rip about your sexual orientation. Mostly we
>similarly don't give a rip about your racial, political, religious,
>or dietary preferences.  We are involved in the AMSAT organization
>because of our interest in a certain facet of amateur radio.  We
>subscribe to the AMSAT-BB to share our interest in that avocation.
>
>We do not "get in your face" about our sexual, religious, racial,
>or political orientation.  Please be so polite as to return the
>favor.
>
>73, de Hans, K0HB
>(Sexual, political, racial, and religious preferences unrevealed)

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home