RE: Bigotry And Lies

To My Fellow AMSAT Members;

At this time I am on vacation with my life-partner in Santa Fe, NM. I have limited emal access while we are on the road. I had not planned to waste further bandwidth on this valuable resource responding to the unprovoked attack against me posted to this forum recently, particularly since others responded so eloquently in my defense. However, I must publicly defend myself against the outright lie contained in the sentence reproduced below excerpted from a post by Kevin Muenzler, WB5RUE:

  > Amsat was contacted and I was asked to
   >stop contacting kk3k because he (kk3k) had threatened a lawsuit
   >if my email account wasn't terminated.

Any suggestion that I at any point threatened or even contemplated legal action against AMSAT as a result of my email exchanges with Mr. Muenzler is an utterly and competely false and a malicious lie.

Mr. Muenzler did indeed contact me to share his personal revelation from God that as a gay man I am an immoral sinner. Had his emai originated from his personal account, I would have dealt with his religion-inspired bigotry as a matter of course (filters). However, Mr. Muenzle (WB5RUE) utilized the AMSAT remailing service to contact me. I felt then, as I do now, that AMSAT's facilities, including the email remailing service as well as the bulletin board, should not be used for such purposes, and I contacted members of the AMSAT BOD to make this point. However, at no time did I even suggest the notion of any legal action on my part. This can be easily confirmed by any of the AMSAT BOD members at that time (about this time last year). Isn't it interesting how the moral police are not above lying tactics in their blind determination to force their idividual morality down everyone else's throat?

To those friends and fair-minded hams who came to my defense I offer my thanks as well as my assurance that these attacks will not succeed in their purpose. I will continue to wholeheartedly support AMSAT and I will continue to participate in this forum and others at will and with my email signature lines intact.

Jim Kelly, KK3K
AMSAT #22420

Jim Kelly, KK3K
Vice President, Lambda Amateur Radio Club - Openly and Prouly Gay!
Anti-gay Bigotry and Hate are not "Family Values!"
June Is Lesbian and Gay Pride Month - Celebrate American Freedom and Diversity!

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home