RE: RS-12 interference -- maybe due to sporadic e?

No, the "interference" you are hearing is due to a NAVSAT on
which RS-12 sits.  It operates fairly close to 145MHz and due
to intermod with the incoming 145MHz uplink you will hear what
sounds like dual-tones on the CW.  It does not effect the
21MHz uplink.

73/ kevin