Re: AO27

Since I learned about AO27 earlier this week (thanks to the several who
replied to my query!) I have been listening and have yet to hear *anything*
on this bird. I'm not set up for satellites per se, but since I have seen
several reports of 'work AO27 with an HT' I though I shouldn't have any
problems hearing it with my mobile rig and a 5/8 wave 440 antenna. I do
have the disadvantage of 5 kc steps on the VFO, but there should be at
least a part of the pass where Doppler would allow me to hear the downlink.
Suggestions????

Keith E. Brandt, MD, WD9GET     || Goodbye, cruel world that was my home-
 Resident in Aerospace Medicine ||    there's cleaner space out here to roam.
San Antonio, TX                 || Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
wd9get@amsat.org                ||    sit back, relax, and count the stars.
http://www.dca.net/~brandt      ||
=

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home