Re: Suriname on AO-10

Thanks a million John...worked PZ1EH at 17:18 utc May 24,1998.
Good to work a new country...Also worked ARGENTINA LU4JGR
and URUAGUAY CX6DD
The first two were backwards on the uplink/down link but worked them
anyway
AO-10 is sounding real good
  SAMUEL
  KD4ESV
  EL87RH
  BRADENTON
  FLORIDA

On Sun, 24 May 1998 01:28:35 -5 "KB8TJX" <kb8tjx@raex.com> writes:
>Hello to the group, and good evening.
>
>Worked PZ1EH, Orlando in GJ-25 Suriname,S.A. @ 02.35 utc
>May 24, 1998.
> He was 5/3 to 5/4 into EN 90.
>I was lucky enough to be monitoring AO-10 @ 145.900 (+/-)
>and testing my stacked KLM's on 2 mtr.
>Was able to work him, and hold off another station who did not
>hear him, until I could complete the QSO.
>
>The other staion was VE6ITV, Scotty, who headed my request, and
>waited for me.
>I was PZ1EH's 1st satellite contact, and Scotty, for his
>patience, became his second........
>
>Hope others can catch Orlando, on the bird.
>A rare contact,Suriname..... Orlando will create a few pile-ups
>as long as AO-10 is working as GREAT!!!! as it has been the last
>few weeks.
>
>Thanks to AO-10 for allowing me to test my stack on 145mhz.
>
>Keep up the good work.
>
>Good luck to all
>John
>KB8TJX
>Ohio
>EN 90 po
>73

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home